9 Feb 2023
Full-Time A/B Crane Operator – Gangtok
The Crane Operator performs the following responsibilities while operating a moving or stationary crane (cab operated) to lift, move, and place loads such as machinery, equipment, goods, and solid or bulk materials. High degree of skill and expertise is necessary. It is necessary to have an NCCCO or a CIC.
Job Title : A/B Crane Operator
Location : Gangtok, Sikkim, India
Salary : $ 25.04 per hour.
Company : Parker Drilling Company
Job Type : Full-Time
- Use radio or visual signals, as well as other modes of communication, to work with riggers and truck drivers to lift items and other cargo.
- Understand and abide by all company, customer, and health/safety requirements, as well as any other regulations that may apply, such as restrictions on weight and size.
- Prepare load for transport, check travel route with a whistle and crane operator, transport load to destination, place load, unhook rigging and return load to storage rack
- Calculating load weights and the dimensions of sheaves & other parts using mathematics is a necessary skill for those who work in the construction industry.
- You can keep an eye on activities and make changes to the process using the control panel. All obligations must be fulfilled in accordance with safety rules and laws.
- Check the crane and cab, complete out paperwork, operate the crane (4 hand levers, 1 foot brake), and fill steel orders from a 25-foot vertical ladder.
- Inspects the crane for damaged components and reports any abnormalities to the supervisor. Maintains and cleans the crane and its lifting mechanism.
- When the Crane Operator’s tasks are fulfilled and the workload for the primary task permits, he becomes a Rigger.
- For this work, you’ll need a rigger operating manual, chains, nylon slings, pallet lifters, magnets, vacuum lifters, posi-turner, spreader bar, softeners, tape measure, hammer, punches, pliers, crescent wrench, and paint stick marker.
- All and all problems are notified immediately, and the employee is able to operate in any weather conditions. Performs various duties at the direction of management.
- This profession necessitates knowledge of complex equipment operation.
- Previous experience operating a cab and bridge crane (or a comparable kind) from heights of 30 feet or more and spans of 60 feet or more.
- NCCCO or CIC certification. It is necessary to have a current DOT medical card. The certification or permission of the safety department, equipment manager, or operations manager is necessary. In accordance with the municipal authority’s directives (DC requires operators to be licensed). Passing a practical exam is required.
- Guarantee that safety and housekeeping criteria are met, machine capacities aren’t exceeded, and all necessary supplies and equipment are appropriately accounted for at the conclusion of each workday.
- A pre-employment medical examination, followed by an annual physical examination, is required for this post in order to ensure the continual, needed level of physical health and capacity or fitness to carry out the obligations of the position’s functions.