5 Feb 2023
Full-Time Associate Copy Editor (Temporary) – Naqādah
As a team, we are looking for an Associate Editor to help us write and edit about food. Search terms and current research should be used to keep recipe galleries and recipe head notes up to date. People who work for this person will make dynamic content, edit text, and help other editors make stories that work on a variety of devices. This job’s responsibilities include writing and updating recipes, cooking instructions, and other things about home cooking.
Job Title : Associate Copy Editor (Temporary)
Location : Naqādah, Qinā, Egypt
Salary : $ 19.15 per hour.
Company : GeistM
Job Type : Full-Time
- Assigning acceptable sources, background material, formatting standards, and deadlines to writers who are working on their projects.
- It’s important to communicate clearly about content that includes concerns like excessive violence, explicit language, explicit material or commercial product placement that may not be appropriate for broadcast. Providing constructive advise on content is a vital part of the process.
- Maintain a close eye on issues affecting the country or region and maintain track of legislative and policy developments that might affect the government’s reaction and posture.
- Assist the guiding of content production and editorial direction within the editorial team, external resources, and with other departments.
- Establish an effective relationships with members of the production, JEO, IT, and other divisions of the company. That way, if something goes wrong with your diary, it can be fixed right away.
- Always be on the lookout for and evaluating departmental systems and processes with the goal of designing and implementing innovative solutions that will improve how we do business.
- Optimize your journals to give the best possible author experience and to optimize the engagement of the Editors in Chief and Editorial Board Members (EBM) on whom we rely.
- Conceptualizing how recipes and tales may be integrated into the brand’s overall editorial strategy, as well as brainstorming and presenting concepts for all media (digital, print, social, podcast, video, etc)
- Planning of product reviews, instructions on cooking techniques, and interviews with professional and home chefs for print and digital publications..
- In this position, you will review commercials from idea to final edit to ensure that they fit internal brand standards and regulatory requirements. You will also assess a broad variety of marketing and scientific evidence that is presented in support of advertising claims.
- It is desired that candidates have a minimum of three to five years of experience in a related field such as journalism or writing, preferably with a focus on reporting and editing.
- Competence in juggling many competing demands for little resources in a high-pressure, constantly changing setting.
- At all levels of the firm and with freelancers/external contributors, you must be able to communicate effectively with people from all departments.
- be able to work with people from different levels of the company on a regular basis and be able to work well with a team,
- Competence and proficiency in the use of online publishing and content management systems, as well as content production tools such as Adobe Photoshop