9 Feb 2023
Full-Time Billing Specialist – Ikirun
The Billing Manager is in charge of overseeing and planning a department’s billing, accounts receivable, and collections activities. Designing, executing, and enforcing rules and procedures, as well as simplifying efficient billing processes across many locations, are all responsibilities of this person. This is a high-profile role that demands a strong leader who can prioritize, plan, and oversee the department.
Job Title : Billing Specialist
Location : Ikirun, Osun, Nigeria
Salary : $ 21.22 per hour.
Company : Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
Job Type : Full-Time
- Training, compliance, financial effect, audit outcomes and customer happiness should all be measurable goals. Make recommendations to the CEO and transmit them to him or her. Incorporate CIAC extension concerns into other work processes and activities by working with other organizations to identify and investigate process improvements.
- Make suggestions for write-offs of old or disputed amounts when appropriate, and keep billing rates in line.
- Be a part of interviews for new billing team members, and aid in the development of educational materials for attorneys and legal assistants.
- Provide mentoring, training, and ongoing feedback to billing analysts (and additional offices as required), conduct annual performance reviews, manage and balance billing workloads, and oversee direct reports’ schedules and overtime.
- Help the Senior Billing Manager create standard processes and procedures for the whole billing cycle, and keep current records of these procedures….
- Maintain a thorough awareness of client billing and payment terms, discount agreements, and lawyer and client preferences in order to guarantee that bills are delivered on time and properly, and that client and lawyer preferences are respected.
- Manages internal resources and cultivates connections to support the success of PSCO’s CIAC Extension Policy. To meet tariffs, provide leadership and advice to extension colleagues. In response to changes in the Colorado tariff and SOX Key Controls, develop, discuss, and execute consistent process improvements. Monitor extension activities, ensure appropriate CIAC payment collection and processing, and authorize refunds. Ensure that CIAC extensions are communicated to internal and external departments in a timely manner. Train all persons involved in the CIAC extension process.
- Contact lawyers and billers as needed for effective communication among partners, administrative personnel, and the finance department and billers’ team.
- Manages the formulation and implementation of policies, procedures and processes for the CIAC extension department to increase performance, regulatory and policy compliance and customer service. PSCO’s process and policy standardization is facilitated by this position. Identifies and pursues operational performance-related policy, procedure, and process inconsistencies.
- Training and compliance assistance should be tailored to the specific requirements of the department and the client in question. These requirements must be met with sufficient resources. Provide suggestions and input to other sections of the firm on problems that affect corporate financial and customer satisfaction objectives, as well as regulatory compliance.
- By examining data and processes and communicating with other departments, you’ll be able to do root-cause analysis and problem-solving.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, as is five years of experience in the utility industry.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Aderant (or another billing industry standard collection software), and Microsoft Office.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must have outstanding time management and organizational skills as well as a thorough grasp of the scope of the project, deliverables and timetable.
- Excellent communication, writing, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.