9 Feb 2023
Part-Time Bus Assistant – Brahmapur
As a Bus Driver, you’ll report to a management, dispatcher, or training. You will be responsible for driving a school bus or van along defined bus routes and carrying school-aged children. Additionally, a School Bus driver may carry a variety of customers on charter excursions.
Job Title : Bus Assistant
Location : Brahmapur, Odisha, India
Salary : $ 30.71 per hour.
Company : Logan Bus Company
Job Type : Part-Time
- Provide assistance in getting individuals to and from designated locations and their related activities in a timely and safe manner. All passengers should be kept safe and secure.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times by adhering to your workplace’s dress code and maintaining proper personal hygiene.
- Before, during, and after each trip, inspect each vehicle using proper methods and fill out all appropriate papers and reports. Use safe and responsible practices to operate the vehicle and stop to enable people to board and exit.
- Maintain the assigned vehicle and its component parts in compliance with the company’s standards to ensure safety, decrease wear, and extend the usable life of the vehicle.
- Always keep the allocated bus spotless and hygienic by sweeping, wiping down the seats and the top, and even washing it when necessary.
- Inspect all of the vehicle’s special equipment before and after each journey and provide the relevant papers to the administration, as well.
- Always attempt to increase the firm’s goodwill by collaborating with employees, managers, and other passengers as needed.
- Keep track of your vehicle keys and receipts for gas purchases, as well as any pre- and post-trip paperwork required by your manager.
- Operate an adapted transportation lift in a safe and responsible manner to board and release disabled individuals.
- Maintain, read, and understand route sheets, including time modifications, and notify the supervisor of any changes quickly. Make sure to keep up with routines by completing your regular duties and any extra outings on time and with as little absence as possible.
- The ideal applicant is adaptable, works well in a team, and is prepared to fill in as needed.
- Passenger and School Bus endorsements are necessary on a commercial driver’s license of Class B or above.
- School bus drivers often utilize an emergency brake lever or an air brake button to remove the emergency brake before loading or unloading students. This is common practice on certain types of school buses.
- To be eligible for a driver’s license, you must have three years of driving experience that can be verified. In the previous three years, there had been no more than two traffic offenses and one avoidable collision.
- The attendant can lift, store, dismantle, and reassemble wheelchairs weighing up to 40 pounds.