26 Jan 2023
Full-Time Certified Lifeguard – Johannesburg
Lifeguards are responsible for the monitoring and safety of pool users and spectators by teaching and encouraging safe leisure practices and attitudes, as well as enforcing safety laws and reacting to crises in a timely way. Individuals must be able to operate alone as well as part of a larger staff team. This work necessitates the ability to interact with the public in a range of scenarios in a polite and respectful manner. Special events, nights, weekends, and split hours may be needed of lifeguards.
Job Title : Certified Lifeguard
Location : Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa
Salary : $ 16.01 per hour.
Company : ClubCorp
Job Type : Full-Time
- Aquatic services include teaching swimming, supervising swimming groups, and aiding with other aquatic programs at the club. The purpose of this position is to provide these services.
- In order to keep up with pool water chemistry, monitors the pool deck, pool house, and gutters.
- Assist in keeping a variety of accident reports and the ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English enough to do the job.
- Document, observe, and enforce all pool rules and regulations during swim classes and Family Hours to ensure the safety and well-being of pool guests.
- Provides exceptional customer service by responding to member and visitor enquiries in a polite way, giving information within the scope of the assignment, and addressing complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Maintains surveillance of members and visitors in the pool area, ensuring that they adhere to all of the Club’s safety laws and regulations.
- The pool and pool area preparation for the summer season includes cleaning the pool, washing the pool decks, cleaning and repositioning the pool furniture and lifeguard equipment, cleaning the bathhouse, cleaning the fence, and cleaning the flower bed areas.
- The set norms and policies, as well as the safe working practices and procedures, are followed when it comes to pool safety.
- You are responsible for cleaning the pool deck, break room, bathrooms, and drains.
- Aside from lifeguarding, they also provide accident prevention and water safety services.
- It is necessary to be able to build and maintain good working connections with coworkers, departments, and members of the public.
- Capacity to work with disabled children and adults.
- For employment in this field, you must have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Lifeguard Training, Community First Aid, and CPR certification from the American Red Cross must be up to date for the professional rescuer.
- Before being employed as a lifeguard, a candidate must have worked as one for at least three months.