5 Feb 2023
Full-Time Clinical Practice Manager – Cairo
We are looking for a seasoned Practice Manager to oversee daily operations at our clinic. Your duties as Practice Manager will include overseeing the day-to-day operations of the clinic, supervising the staff, scheduling appointments, and handling financial matters. The ideal candidate will have worked as a clinic manager for at least five years, be friendly and outgoing, and have a can-do mentality.
Job Title : Clinical Practice Manager
Location : Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
Salary : $ 29.16 per hour.
Company : Columbia University Medical Center
Job Type : Full-Time
- Ensure adherence to all pertinent state dental legislation, a safe working environment by abiding by all applicable local, state, and federal health and safety laws, and office and corporate policy and procedures.
- Keep the office at a comfortable temperature so that employees can provide excellent service to patients.
- Create and administer office supply and equipment purchasing plans and budgets.
- Managerial reports require in-depth knowledge of software systems for data collection, storage, and retrieval.
- Liaise with the hospital to support problem resolution and goal setting in collaboration with Clinical and Practice Management Leadership.
- Planning work hours, arranging time off, and handling employees’ training and development requirements.
- Review and organize the office’s processes, such as bookkeeping, invoicing, cash management, payroll, and more.
- Work with HR to identify, probe, and address personnel concerns in the recruiting, retention, and termination of staff.
- Together with the chief of staff, the hospital’s Practice Manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations.
- Oversee the recruitment process and check in on the day-to-day operations of the medical, administrative, and billing staff.
- HR professionals need to understand the importance of keeping accurate records and maintaining employee privacy.
- Any relevant work experience in an administrative role (2 years or more) will be taken into consideration.
- At least three years of experience in the field is required (in healthcare, veterinary medicine, or customer service, for example) (includes hiring, associate development, etc.).
- Expertise in dealing with people, solving problems, and addressing problems head-on are all musts.
- You’ll need excellent communication skills to manage the department’s work with patients, doctors, and colleagues across disciplines.