9 Feb 2023
Full-Time Consultant Curator – Mahabaleshwar
To prepare manuscript collections, University record groups, and born-digital resources, the Curator assists researchers through technological methods as well as in the reading room. In her role as a lead worker, she assists in developing and implementing the department’s rules, procedures, and policies. The individual will be asked to represent the library in public settings and participate to department outreach programs.
Job Title : Consultant Curator
Location : Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra, India
Salary : $ 25.18 per hour.
Company : Ursus
Job Type : Full-Time
- Using proactive communication and collaboration, build and keep good working relationships with other city departments, outside suppliers, and educational institutions.
- A long-term commitment to the long-term production and management of collections and display information.
- To ensure projects are of the utmost quality and are completed on schedule and under budget, the Director of Exhibitions and Publications is responsible for overseeing large exhibition and publishing projects that travel both nationally and globally.
- Prepare articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals or books based on your own original research into the history of computers, taking into account design, technology, culture, and historical importance.
- Assist in ensuring that the museum system’s programming, personnel, and public interactions continue to aim for diversity, equality, accessibility, and inclusion by meeting the cognitive, physical, and social/emotional requirements of various audiences.
- Telephone conversations, emails, and in-person visits are all ways to get in touch with the general population. Basic reference interviews and procedure understanding are required for this position. This individual ensures that accuracy and thoroughness are reached in a timely and effective way. Records are kept of all contacts in accordance with departmental policy.
- Make a beneficial influence by recruiting volunteers, allocating them to suitable jobs, and ensuring that they get enough training.
- Repositories and deeds of gift are negotiated by this person. Loan agreements and rules are administered and adhered to, and gifts are evaluated and acquired.
- Acquainted with the most recent developments with historical scholarship, as well as cutting-edge research and new historical arguments, as well as chances to incorporate modern historical knowledge into programs.
- All aspects of the daily collection management tasks are performed by this person. One of the museum’s many responsibilities is to acquire, conserve, and repair a wide range of items.
- The equivalent of a four-year term of study in museum work or a related subject matter area.
- Assist the team in developing a sense of community by maintaining a healthy work-life balance, being open to diverse viewpoints, and accepting constructive criticism. As an executive, you’ll also need a strong sense of self-assurance and the ability to stay inspired.
- Ability to create metadata, as well as to create digital collections, finding aids, and other archive description components.
- Effective and extraordinary written and verbal communication with both internal teams and external stakeholders; comfort with public speaking; maintains a good working understanding of museum best practices.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with coworkers, volunteers, and members of the general public while working in a team environment