Full-Time Corporate Practice Manager – Shahpura
A key player and leader on the hospital management team is the practice manager. By generating revenue, controlling expenses, and fostering a hospital culture centered on superior patient care and outstanding customer service, the practice manager collaborates with the lead physician to ensure a seamless and successful operation. Managing, organizing, and coordinating the hospital’s general operations are among the responsibilities, as is fostering a supportive and cooperative work environment. Excellent social skills, a cheerful outlook, compassion, proactive initiative, problem-solving, common sense, and the capacity to multitask are requirements for this profession. When dealing with clients, it’s crucial that you exhibit empathy and effective communication. You will also be in charge of offering clients and suppliers human resource services. You might occasionally need to train both new and seasoned personnel, as well as handle customer or employee problems.
Job Title : Corporate Practice Manager
Location : Shahpura, Rajasthan, India
Salary : $ 28.68 per hour.
Company : Smile New York Outreach
Job Type : Full-Time
- Organize the development and implementation of office budgets as well as the purchasing of standard office supplies and equipment.
- Promote goal-setting and problem-solving at the hospital through open communication with the Clinical and Practice Management Leadership.
- Administration of employee schedules, including time off requests and CEU fulfillment.
- You need expert knowledge of software systems to efficiently collect, store, and retrieve data for managerial reporting.
- Oversee the hiring, scheduling, and performance of clinical, administrative, and billing staff members.
- Maintain a working environment that encourages top-notch service for all of your clients and patients.
- Collaborate with human resources to spot problems with employees, investigate them, and solve them before, during, and after the hiring, retaining, and firing processes.
- office activities including payroll, cash management, invoice processing, and more need to be analyzed and set up.
- Maintain a risk-free workplace by abiding by all applicable office, state, and federal health and safety regulations, as well as all office and corporate policies and procedures.
- The Practice Manager works closely with the Chief of Staff to oversee the day-to-day running of the facility.
- Must understand HR employment legislation, record keeping, and confidentiality basics.
- Any relevant work experience in an administrative role (2 years or more) will be taken into consideration.
- Three years of relevant experience, including direct supervisory experience, are necessary (in the healthcare, veterinary, or service industries, for example) (includes hiring, associate development, etc.).
- The ability to handle all responsibilities within the department is essential, as is the ability to communicate (orally and in writing) with patients, physicians, and colleagues in other units.
- Possess excellent communication skills, be able to solve problems independently, and have the courage to face and resolve conflicts within the team.