5 Feb 2023
Full-Time Curator – Ghazipur
The job of Curator is now open at the Center, and we’re looking for an exceptional candidate to fill it. This role aids in the administration and supervision of the museum’s collection and department workers. In general, the Chief Curator’s overall supervision allows for a great deal of autonomy in the work.
Job Title : Curator
Location : Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Salary : $ 25.31 per hour.
Company : The Museum of Modern Art
Job Type : Full-Time
- Telephone conversations, emails, and in-person visits are all ways to get in touch with the general population. Basic reference interviews and procedure understanding are required for this position. This individual ensures that accuracy and thoroughness are reached in a timely and effective way. Records are kept of all contacts in accordance with departmental policy.
- Make sure volunteers have enough training by helping recruit volunteers, assigning them to the right positions, and supervising their placements.
- is responsible of planning large-scale exhibition and publishing efforts that span national and international boundaries, as well as conducting research, managing exhibition preparation, and securing loan funding
- Retains abreast of modern historical literature and interpretative best practices, stays abreast of cutting-edge research and new historical arguments, and looks for chances to incorporate current historical knowledge into programming.
- The ability to be involved in all parts of the daily operations of collection management Antiquities, artwork and documents are all preserved at the museum.
- Repositories and gift deeds have to be negotiated for contracts. Gift and purchase evaluations, loan agreements, and standards compliance are all handled by this position.
- assuring that collections and information relevant to such collections or exhibitions are created and managed in a long-term manner
- Be an advocate for diversity, equality, accessibility and inclusion in the museum’s programming, staff and public interactions by fulfilling the cognitive, physical and social/emotional needs of a wide spectrum of visitors.
- Connect with other municipal agencies, outside vendors, programs partners, and educational institutions in a way that’s both proactive and responsive.
- Research the history of computing on your own and write about it in peer-reviewed journals or books. This includes looking into the design, technology, culture, and historical significance of computers.
- Maintains a working knowledge of museum best practices while communicating effectively and extraordinary with internal teams and external stakeholders through written and verbal means.
- being able to generate and edit metadata for digital collections, finding aids and other archive descriptions.
- Extensive expertise in museum work or a similar subject area that was comparable to finishing a four-year degree program.
- Strive for a good work-life balance, be neutral and receptive to the views of others, provide and accept constructive criticism, and promote a feeling of camaraderie among your colleagues. You should also be able to motivate the team by instilling confidence in them and encouraging them to work together toward shared objectives.
- Working as a team member, creating and sustaining strong working relationships with coworkers, volunteers, and members of the general public has been shown.