30 Jan 2023
Full-Time Emergency Veterinarian – Al-Jīzah
To be successful in this profession, you must be able to work well with clients to provide pet health solutions that are unique to them. Preferred applicants are well-organized, well-informed, and emotionally intelligent, with a goal of elevating the bar in veterinary medicine while reducing expenses for our clients. DVMs must have a strong medical background, excellent patient care and communication skills, the ability to work quickly, and a good sense of humor.
Job Title : Emergency Veterinarian
Location : Al-Jīzah, Al-Jīzah, Egypt
Salary : $ 44.59 per hour.
Company : Hayfield Animal Hospital
Job Type : Full-Time
- All animals not already immunized against rabies are vaccinated when immunization is suitable, and all animals released from quarantine observation are certified as rabies-free. Gives advice to animal bite victims, such as what steps they should take to ensure their safety.
- Writes and follows medical treatment protocols. Ability to interpret animal-control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies. Capacity to respond to questions from the public and city leaders; Assist in the effective and expedient settlement of issues.
- Ability to obtain and regulate euthanasia meds and equipment, as well as ensure proper supply and equipment usage in accordance with all state and federal regulations and legislation. Ability to stay up with current trends and advancements in animal shelters.
- Possess the ability to collect animal data from personnel, enter dispositions into a computer, and generate monthly and weekly reports according to specified protocols.
- Educate patients on treatment options, including the benefits and drawbacks of various treatments, as well as possible alternatives.
- Policy and procedures for the care and use of laboratory animals, including per diem costs in the Animal Facility, are being revised, updated, and developed.
- Employees receive training in animal husbandry, humane animal handling, cleanliness and disease control, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical support (intake and discharge), and animal first aid. Assists in animal euthanasia via injection training, evaluation, and execution. Examines all seized animals and orders their euthanasia if any are sick or injured.
- Performs high-quality sterilization surgery for the population management of adopted animals in a fast-paced shelter environment. Routine veterinarian care includes things like triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick and injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all required logs are kept up to date in accordance with approved norms.
- Performs physical exams, diagnostic tests, and surgical and dental operations successfully. Clients are informed about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment programmes, preventive health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative setting while still being able to do projects on their own.
- It is necessary to be familiar with the ZIMS medical record-keeping system.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), or comparable degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary medicine college or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
- You must have a federal DEA license and a controlled substance registration to deal with ultra-potent opioids.