25 Jan 2023
Full-Time Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician – Dehri
All emergency calls on airport property that include property damage, injury, or a danger of property damage or injury must be responded to by the Firefighter, with the first priority being the safety of all involved and secondly, reducing the amount of property damage.
Job Title : Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician
Location : Dehri, Bihar, India
Salary : $ 15.56 per hour.
Company : The New York City Firefighter Brotherhood Foundati
Job Type : Full-Time
- Contribute favorably to regional and corporate goals as a valued part of the team by fostering good relationships with coworkers.
- In addition to mopping floors, washing windows and sweeping and dusting inside and outside of the firehouse on a shift-by-shift basis, you must also shovel snow, clean the kitchen and bathrooms, and maintain the firehouse’s storehouse.
- Prepare for an emergency response in the event of an explosion or the release of hazardous materials such as gas. Surface drainage systems may be protected against damage by building dikes or storing hazardous items in a way that prevents them from discharging.
- Operates all forms of firefighting and rescue equipment, including portable fire extinguishers, power tools, hand tools, and associated equipment, such as smoke ejectors, forceful entry tools, pike poles, and axes, among other things.
- firemen are responsible for maintaining the proper operation of fire and life safety equipment, as well as responding to emergencies in a safe and efficient manner.
- When a fireman initially arrives on the scene, they must be able to prepare and record several records, including occupancy plans, inspection reports, incident reports of alarms, and size-up information.
- Maintaining the allocated car on a daily basis should be your first priority. Only one of the many responsibilities of a technician is ensuring adequate fluid levels. Refueling and cleaning the car are optional, although we recommend you to do so.
- Firefighter responsibilities also include becoming a customer relations representative for the department via smoke detector installation, attending community events and school activities, as well as educating all ages about life and fire safety.
- First responder in the event of fires; initiates firefighting operations; assists in the suppression of blazes by rescuing trapped persons, searching for and rescuing trapped individuals, and executing ventilation/salvage operations.
- Ability to accomplish all of the key responsibilities of the profession as defined above without posing a direct hazard to one’s own or others’ safety.
- An NFPA 1582 physical test must be passed before an applicant may be considered qualified for this position. It is necessary to be physically capable of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or moving objects with a maximum force of one hundred lbs. on an irregular and/or frequent basis.
- At all levels of the firm, as well as with members of the general public and other employees, communication skills are vital.
- Cooperation with colleagues, acceptance of authority, and civility while dealing with the general public are all expected.
- CPR and first aid certifications, as well as the capacity to complete 240 hours worth of training every year in addition to the hours spent on duty, are also required.
- When an employee is hired, they must keep their licenses up to date and active at all times. They must also keep the license with them at all times while on duty.