26 Jan 2023
Full-Time Freelance Digital Reporter – Khambhat
We’re on the lookout for reporters who can cover the many ways in which technology and business connect with other sectors, such as government, the environment, the entertainment industry, the food and beverage sector, and academia. The ability to compose profiles and features quickly is essential, and we’re on the lookout for such individuals. Want to offer a story idea? Please share your thoughts and explain how you would report on the story, who you would talk to, and what you hope to learn.
Job Title : Freelance Digital Reporter
Location : Khambhat, Gujarat, India
Salary : $ 18.91 per hour.
Company : NBCUniversal
Job Type : Full-Time
- Create strategies that clearly state a vision and strategy for the coverage of the arts in close collaboration with editors and content creators.
- There are also supplementary duties, such as monitoring federal and state reporting websites, conducting research on public disclosure forms, and filing records requests.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the relevant parties, and engage with the local artistic communities.
- For use on radio, the web, television, and podcasts, find and create fascinating arts stories.
- Find tales where the arts, culture, and underrepresented populations converge.
- It’s possible that you’ll be requested to document your reporting in other ways, such as through the use of still images, moving images, or even live on-camera segments.
- The reporter will also be expected to cover and uncover stories on the role of money in politics, including tracking donations, PACs, lobbying, and conflicts of interest.
- You will be responsible for pitching ideas and working on assigned stories. You will report to the managing editor.
- Maintaining a regular filing schedule may require occasional weekend labor.
- Use social media and source networks actively for reporting and distribution.
- a strong grasp of the English language and the ability to convey complex ideas to laypeople
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and three years of professional journalism experience covering the arts, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- basic familiarity with audio production techniques and equipment
- It is advantageous to be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Facebook, Twitter, and other social media experience are preferred.
- the capacity to represent the station in a professional manner while working both solo and in a team.