Full-Time Front Desk Agent – Luba
If we are to provide exceptional service and achieve success in our locations, we need an eager and optimistic Front Office Assistant. Your responsibilities as a Front Office Assistant will involve welcoming patients, activating patient files, and supporting medical professionals. We’d love to have you on board if you’re a team player with good interpersonal skills and the capacity to juggle several jobs. You will need to work in a clinical environment to accomplish this job. Because of the moderate noise level, infectious diseases and blood-borne illnesses are probable. Long periods of standing or sitting, as well as the capacity to lift 50 pounds, are essential. Working hours may vary depending on the location, the quantity of patients, and the demands of the company.
Job Title : Front Desk Agent
Location : Luba, Abra Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 17.29 per hour.
Company : Glennis Solutions
Job Type : Full-Time
- Ensures that he or she has a regular and on-time work schedule that is in line with the company’s policy as well as federal, state and local laws.
- Ability to operate well in a group and provide a helping hand to your colleagues when they need it.
- Produce analytical reports and incorporate data gathered by analysts into a computer system in order to create the final, client-ready report. Reports are prepared according to the priority assigned by department managers and/or office managers.
- Make sure to do any extra or one-off jobs that the management team asks you to do.
- It is critical for this role to be able to multitask when answering phones and taking messages.
- Complies with all relevant policies, procedures, value statements, Commitment to Excellence standards and other guidelines established by the organization or its departments.
- People who work in an office may be assigned additional jobs. These might include tasks such as copying and distributing messages, creating spreadsheets, or data input.
- Organization and dissemination to the relevant employees of faxes, interoffice forms, queries, and other communication methods.
- Covid-19 screening and routing traffic through the front office of the institution are among the duties of the Front office assistant.
- Assess and maintain the competence of front office workers. Recognize and resolve performance concerns in collaboration with the Supervisor and/or Practice Manager.
- Capacity for establishing and maintaining excellent working connections with coworkers, departments, and the general public.
- In addition to strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word), candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- This position need complete COVID-19 immunization. To guarantee compliance, UnitedHealth Group will follow all federal, state, and local legislation, as well as any client needs, and will collect appropriate evidence of immunization prior to employment.
- It is also necessary to be able to demonstrate proficient use of a practice management computer system at a pace of around 30 wpm.
- Six months of experience managing computer systems, tools, and technology such as Microsoft Office, POS, EMR, or practice management and invoicing systems