Full-Time Geologist I – Ghazipur
We’re seeking for an enthusiastic Geologist to join our team! Starting on the first day of your internship, you’ll work with seasoned engineers and scientists to assist customers solve water and environmental problems in their communities. For site investigation and cleanup projects, this person will help with environmental and engineering activities. Candidates must be self-motivated, have excellent writing abilities, and a willingness to work in the field to assist a variety of scientific and engineering projects. To be considered, applicants should have a strong command of the English language, a positive outlook, and the capacity to work both independently and cooperatively in groups.
Job Title : Geologist I
Location : Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Salary : $ 30.76 per hour.
Company : CDM Smith
Job Type : Full-Time
- Help District or Division authorities examine geology and risk assessment papers for Solid Waste & Waste Cleanup submittals. Your supervisors or managers will provide you site restoration plans and paperwork to review.
- Requests and documents should be technically accurate, clear, understandable, and in line with existing rules, instructions, and processes if extra information is needed.
- In addition to Microsoft Word and Excel, there are a number of other applications that must be learnt. You’ll need a solid foundation in mechanical and building systems if you want to work in remedial systems.
- Tell the Project Manager about any problems, cost and time overruns, client-requested changes to the project’s scope, possible liability exposure, or anything else that could affect how well and safely the project is done.
- Preparation of water quality monitoring strategies and evaluation of environmental sampling findings are two other responsibilities of this position.
- Drillers must inform management on mechanical issues, hole quality, and surveys.
- Preparing proposals and cost estimates, designing corrective mechanisms, monitoring implementation/construction, writing technical reports, and mentoring are examples of project management.
- It is essential that daily reports be generated and updated in order to convey this information to the management. Samples and inventory are critical for a company to keep track of.
- They may be asked to do remedial investigations, remedial system designs, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, groundwater monitoring plans and reports, cost projections, and the preparation of technical publications.
- Field work planning and preparation, drilling and monitoring well installation supervision, recording soil boreholes, and remedial system deployment (e.g. subsurface injections) and operation and maintenance are some of the typical duties undertaken by field workers. Samples of soil and groundwater will be collected and documented in the field to help assess contamination levels.
- In a mine or factory, employees may face extreme heat and humidity, electrical shock, and dangerous chemicals and explosives.
- Your qualifications must include one year of GS-7-level work experience or training. Soil and rock sample data collection and analysis are necessary to meet this need. You also need to have given higher-level specialists with standard data, performed research and investigations as well as aid in the location of and sale of minerals.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in geology is required, as well as 20 semester hours in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological science, structural engineering, mining, petroleum engineering, or computer science from an accredited college or university. Additionally, a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field is required, such as biology, chemistry, or structural engineering.
- Capable of performing field and site inspections for the installation of groundwater monitoring wells at solid waste plants and for closed landfills.
- Detail-oriented reporting and accuracy; collecting geology data and producing informative maps capable of using Microsoft’s application suite; Oversee the fulfillment of several projects.