30 Jan 2023
Full-Time Interpreter – Bilingual Korean/English – Kannur
Providing translation and interpretation services to the division’s varied and non-English speaking families is the responsibility of the Translator. The Translator & Interpreter serves as a liaison between staff and the varied families they serve, as well as a source of support for those who work in the field of translation and interpreting.
Job Title : Interpreter – Bilingual Korean/English
Location : Kannur, Kerala, India
Salary : $ 25.24 per hour.
Company : Penguin Random House
Job Type : Full-Time
- Translates education-related papers, such as forms, urgent notifications to parents, medical alerts, legal and confidential notices, handbooks, advisories, surveys, school newsletters, and other District materials.
- It is important to double-check translations for completeness and accuracy, and to verify that the original meaning, tone, and purpose have not been distorted in any way.
- Open and sort mail; create purchase order requisitions; verify and prepare invoice and stipend for payment; answer phone calls, welcome visitors, answer general inquiries; prepare purchase orders; prepare invoice and stipend for payment
- When translating medical and technical terms, the translator looks them up in both the source language and the target language to make sure they make sense.
- When it comes to delicate topics such as student academics and student disciplinary issues as well as medical crises and other sensitive situations, a school’s interpretation service may help.
- It’s often possible to include geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural components in a piece of prose. Choice of words and expression normally comply to target language standards and ways of expression particular to topic fields and are strong enough to enable translator to work consecutively in this area.
- It’s important to be able to accurately translate written materials such as flyer and social media posts into any language.
- Papers that have been translated by others in the district are reviewed by this person. Schools and translation consultants benefit from the instruction provided by this tool.
- Master the utilization of reference resources. To be able to generate written translations and products, you must have computer abilities, including MS Office, as well as basic online research skills.
- Temporary employee assessment results, hours worked, training status, and other relevant data are stored and maintained in a database.
- Enabling those with limited English proficiency to fully engage in the defined process by showing proficiency in the specified language beyond the conversational level.
- At an educated native speaker level, you should be able to speak and comprehend two languages fluently.
- Translation, Foreign Language, or a similar discipline and proven interpersonal and writing and spoken communication abilities are necessary.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the desire to interpret in school and community contexts using a personal vehicle
- Interacting with coworkers, pupils, and others to convey information while using and improving communication skills.