26 Jan 2023
Part-Time Inventory/Shipping Clerk (Small Parcel) – Dhofar
In a production setting, the Inventory Clerk carries out fundamental duties for the receiving, storage, and release of supplies. Additionally, the inventory clerk will handle work associated with issuing materials as well as fundamental shipping and receiving chores. This position will frequently communicate with shop and assembly staff in an effort to speed up production.
Job Title : Inventory/Shipping Clerk (Small Parcel)
Location : Dhofar, Ẓufār, Oman
Salary : $ 19.21 per hour.
Company : Volvo Cars
Job Type : Part-Time
- Perform physical inventory counts and cycle counts, and report shortages, overages and all inventory levels as required/requested.
- Use the ticket system and/or email to notify the supervisor and appropriate employees of any problems encountered during assembly or troubleshooting.
- Assist with warehouse maintenance activities such as sweeping floors and storing equipment.
- Create and always uphold a high standard of customer service, both inside and outside.
- Conduct daily tasks in a safe and efficient manner while according to established best practices, and timely log indirect time spent on these tasks.
- Process adherence and upkeep is your responsibility, and you should be willing to help document any procedures that haven’t been established yet.
- It is your duty to observe all relevant preventative measures and food safety policies, including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Maintain regular inventory cycle counts of the Tool Room’s stock.
- Conduct a workstation inventory count on a scheduled basis.
- Maintain order in the tool room, make sure the production crew has what they need, collect any unused supplies, put everything back where it belongs, and keep the whole building looking good.
- Able to weigh the merits of different courses of action and make a sound decision based on that evaluation.
- Familiarity with a variety of measurement tools including rulers, calipers, and tape measures.
- Working as an Inventory Clerk in a high-volume production environment for at least one to two years is preferred.
- Problem-solving skills are just as important as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capacity to articulate ideas and concepts clearly in conversation.