9 Feb 2023
Full-Time Kitchen Manager – Upscale Dining – Shibīn al-Kawm
As a Kitchen Manager, you will learn to grill meat and saute veggies. You must ensure our meal is excellent. Every day, the Kitchen Manager ensures the quality and safety of excellent meals. They make sure the kitchen is clean, organized, and well-stocked, and that the equipment is well-maintained. During the process, they train and develop Crew members to become future Kitchen Managers. On the clock, the Kitchen Manager is constantly busy achieving their station’s objectives, doing chores, and helping their coworkers.
Job Title : Kitchen Manager – Upscale Dining
Location : Shibīn al-Kawm, Al-Minūfiyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 17.43 per hour.
Company : Revival Survival LLC
Job Type : Full-Time
- Create shift plans for your coworkers to accommodate a busy bar or restaurant. Schedule labor in accordance with expected company activity, ensuring that all roles are appropriately manned as needed and that labor cost targets are reached. Approves or disapproves requests for shift swaps and special scheduling.
- Ensure that all coworkers are adequately trained at all kitchen stations, including weekly/monthly inventory duties, the year-round and specialty food menus, the KDS system, and rules and procedures for food preparation, cleaning, and side job responsibilities.
- Additionally, the Kitchen Manager ensures that the kitchen is cleaned regularly, food is disposed of appropriately, and that the kitchen satisfies all hygienic regulations.
- Takes an active part in quality control of all food items by properly identifying, stocking, and dating prepared goods. Maintains awareness of all product/inventory in freezers and coolers, and supports in ensuring that all product/inventory is cycled correctly to ensure freshness.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the formulation, training, implementation, and monitoring of performance standards in the kitchen.
- Ensures that all staff are able to communicate menu items to visitors in a clear, accurate, and enthusiastic manner.
- Ensure the location’s profitability by adhering to defined labor, cost of goods sold, and controllable expenditure standards and regulations.
- Implementing and monitoring the restaurant’s financial budget for culinary operations in close collaboration with other members of the restaurant management team, including the General Manager.
- Respect, decency, and compassion should be shown to both internal and external guests at all times, regardless of their status.
- Before coworkers clock off, checklists and side tasks must be performed. They must be informed about their colleagues’ side jobs. A food safety and hygiene inspector conducts a thorough inspection of food preparation and serving facilities to ensure that they are safe and sanitary.
- Accurate communication abilities that enable you to work effectively with colleagues and the general public. Interpersonal skills as well as a desire to collaborate with others are necessary.
- Experience in the hotel industry as a chef spanning a minimum of three years is required. Extensive scheduling and personnel knowledge is essential.
- It is necessary to have a high school diploma, a GED, or comparable job experience. It is preferable to have a culinary degree or course certification from a recognized culinary institution.
- Teaching and management skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure. This job necessitates constant movement in a fast-paced setting with many different tasks to do under constantly shifting circumstances. There is a need for adaptability and rapid thinking.
- Microsoft (Excel, Word) and Google Documents/Forms proficiency is necessary. Capable of tracking inventories using a spreadsheet and doing basic data input with a high level of accuracy. Must have basic financial abilities.