26 Jan 2023
Part-Time Lab Technician – Bukidnon Province
The selected individual will help with laboratory support operations. Purification trials, analytics, or development studies may be added to the list of responsibilities if they prove successful. The applicant will be taught how to work safely and effectively in a laboratory environment.
Job Title : Lab Technician
Location : Bukidnon Province, Bukidnon Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 22.62 per hour.
Company : Department of Veterans Affairs
Job Type : Part-Time
- Create and evaluate product mixes to aid in batch changes, root cause investigations, or new product assessments. Use contemporary analytical testing procedures on raw materials, in-process materials, and completed products.
- Has the ability to work successfully with others as well as on their own. Maintains lab equipment and does other duties as assigned.
- Facilitate faster flow of product through the lab work queue. Extensive expertise with all applicable lab documents and processes.
- You may be asked to help with material development and some analytical aid in the packing of chromatography columns in the future (HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE).
- As part of the technician’s duties, they include anything from buffer preparation to equipment maintenance to basic lab upkeep to inventorying common items and coordinating these activities with other technicians.
- Detailed testing should only be performed under the supervision of a technologist or by a supervisor or manager. Accurately interprets test data, identifying critical, abnormal, and suboptimal findings.
- Establishes competency and workstation operating requirements to aid in training and orientation of new employees, students, and residents This job oversees and maintains task supplies. Also, it uses cost-effective materials and reagents.
- Takes part in the assessment and presentation of outcomes in both a formal and an informal setting, as well as offering suggestions when the situation calls for it Performs analysis and reporting of data with just minimum oversight necessary
- The procedure for collecting, weighing, and lighting test samples, as well as reporting on the results Participate in the laboratory’s day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining sufficient safety attitudes, procedures, and housekeeping on all work programs is essential for the protection of oneself, one’s coworkers, the environment, and the safety of the community.
- Being able to add and subtract numbers with two digits and multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to do these operations using American units of money, weight, volume, and distance to measure.
- Hands and arms are often needed to manipulate things, tools, or controls; to speak or hear; to taste or smell; and to reach with hands and arms. Standing, walking, and sitting are all common activities expected of the employee. To do their job, a person must routinely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds off the ground.
- This role requires manufacturing experience or a mix of education and experience. A four-year college or university degree in chemistry is necessary for admission.
- At least 12 semester units of Chemistry or Bacteriology are preferred. One-year lab experience
- Words with two and three syllables, as well as the capacity to recognize the similarities and differences between word and numerical sequences. Communication skills that include writing and speaking in simple terms.