Full-Time Lead Payroll – Kazaure
Payroll administration, payroll audit, and best practice payroll procedures are all performed by the Payroll Analyst. Compile, evaluate, and record payroll and associated problems to discover systemic difficulties or mistakes. Answer internal and external payroll questions. Prepare information for external and internal auditors and support internal payroll audits. Reconcile all tax and unemployment responsibility accounts, examine discrepancies, and provide remedies. Responsible for quarterly and year-end payroll tax reporting, research, and resolution. Work with low supervision and considerable discretion. Trains department workers and handles payroll escalations.
Job Title : Lead Payroll
Location : Kazaure, Jigawa, Nigeria
Salary : $ 31.2 per hour.
Company : Northbound Executive Search
Job Type : Full-Time
- Activities related to processing and administering employee pay, including maintaining complex and confidential accounting/bookkeeping records.
- Check with the personnel to ensure that the data is accurate and complies with the policy and procedure. Find out whether there is a need for adjustments, and then put those changes into effect, so that the reports and systems are consistent.
- Respond to inquiries, help resolve issues such as challenges, conflicts, and discrepancies, and provide technical knowledge about associated transactions, records, laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Employee termination eforms, extra pay eforms and overpayment/underpayment analysis and resolution are just a few of the monthly payroll-related tasks you’ll be expected to handle alongside Human Resources employees, as well as the monthly contract pay process.
- Maintain open lines of communication with business users in order to ascertain and explain the needs of the company, transform requirements into system functionality, and provide suggestions to guarantee that the system is operating at its maximum potential.
- Payroll preparation and generation for all District workers, including tax, social security, unemployment insurance, and retirement withholding. Employee records for taxes, benefits, membership fees and other deductible expenses should be updated throughout the district. Work out the tax burdens and make modifications as necessary.
- Find out what customers, including state and federal authorities, want and give them what they want. Make ADHOC reports that have the right information. Run month-end, quarterly, and year-end closing payroll reports. Before sending them to internal or external customers (not including EDD, IRS, suppliers, auditors, CSMC management, etc.), review transactions, fix any problems, and make observations and/or suggestions as needed.
- Determine whether transfers, promotions, demotions, full-time or part-time changes, and status changes need compensation plan revisions.
- Bi-weekly payroll operations are coordinated by someone in this job. Ensure that each activity is completed before moving on to the next step of processing, and correct any errors.
- Compute and generate salary and benefit cost predictions for budgeting and collective bargaining; record accurate payroll expenditure balances for budgeting; keep a detailed control sheet for each payroll cycle.
- Knowledge of the following Workday modules is a plus, but not required, for the position of Workday analyst: Payroll, benefits, wages, bonuses, and other types of payment are all part of Human Capital Management (HCM).
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or a comparable combination of education and experience that meets the majority of the criteria mentioned below.
- This program has two levels. To get to Level 2, you need three years of experience, and to get to Level 3, you need five years of experience, including processing garnishments.
- The knowledge of time-reporting systems and processes is highly desired. Having worked under a union contract is a distinct advantage; nonetheless, it is not a must. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to communicate both vocally and in writing are essential.
- processing of payroll beginning with time capture and ending with the payment of final payroll taxes The ability to work with automated payroll systems is required, and familiarity with SAP would be ideal.