7 Feb 2023
Full-Time Legal Translator / Interpreter – Etah
With written and oral assistance, the Translator helps families from across the division who do not speak English as their first language. The Translator & Interpreter serves as a liaison between staff and the varied families in our community, providing translation and interpretation services as requested by the staff.
Job Title : Legal Translator / Interpreter
Location : Etah, Uttar Pradesh, India
Salary : $ 27.35 per hour.
Company : Artisan Talent
Job Type : Full-Time
- Translates and edits translations completed by other District workers. Contributes to the training of District personnel and consultants who provide translation services to schools.
- Provides interpreter services at parent meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school events. These events include discussions about student academics, student discipline, student medical emergencies, and other sensitive issues that need to be kept private.
- Translators must ensure that the original meaning, tone, and aim of a piece of writing have not been altered.
- Generally capable of capturing geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural nuances in writing. The word choice and expression are typically consistent with the target language (TL) norms and modes of expression relevant to the subject area (s) and are sufficiently robust to enable the translator to function progressively in that field.
- Handles the translation of education-related papers such as forms, emergency notifications to parents, notices of medical emergencies, legal and confidential concerns, handbooks, advisories, surveys, school newsletters, and other District publications.
- Worker assessment results, hours worked, training status, and other relevant data are stored and maintained in a database for the temporary workforce.
- Administrative duties include receptionist duties such as receiving phone calls and taking care of general queries; opening and sorting mail; creating purchase order requisitions; and verifying and preparing invoices for payment.
- Flyer, social media posts, district-wide announcements/press releases, and other written materials must be accurately translated into any language. You must be able to read and write in any language.
- Use reference resources to your advantage. To be able to develop written translations and goods, one must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as basic internet capabilities.
- looks into both the language of the source and the target language to make sure that people can understand and that the translations are correct.
- A bachelor’s degree in translation, foreign language, or a similar discipline or equivalence is necessary, as well as proven interpersonal and writing and vocal communication abilities.
- Enabling those with limited English proficiency to fully engage in the defined process by showing proficiency in the specified language beyond the conversational level.
- Having the ability to drive as well as the desire to utilize one’s own vehicle while providing interpretation services in educational and community settings are both necessary.
- Learn two languages fluently, at a native speaker level, with a grasp of the cultural context in which they are spoken and written.
- Effective communication with coworkers, students, and others is essential for conveying knowledge to any of these groups.