30 Jan 2023
Full-Time Licensed Veterinarian – Aurangabad
The veterinarian will be in charge of the health of the animals in the collection, including quarantine and medical procedures. The veterinarian will also help with animal transportation and hand rearing procedures as needed, as well as the acquisition and disposition of animals in the collection.
Job Title : Licensed Veterinarian
Location : Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
Salary : $ 41.75 per hour.
Company : Banfield
Job Type : Full-Time
- Completes physical exams, diagnostic treatments, surgical, and dental operations successfully. Clients are informed about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment programs, preventative health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all relevant logs are kept up to date according to established protocols.
- Ability to obtain and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as guarantee that supplies and equipment are used correctly in accordance with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ability to stay abreast of current trends and developments in the field of animal sheltering.
- Gathers extensive information about clients and listens to and understands their worries and requirements in order to develop relationships with them.
- Employees receive training in animal husbandry, humane animal handling, cleanliness and disease prevention, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical support (intake and discharge), and animal first aid. Aids in the training, evaluation, and implementation of proper animal euthanasia by injection; examines all imprisoned animals and orders euthanasia for those who are sick or damaged.
- Vaccinates all animals that have not been immunized against rabies and certifies all animals freed from quarantine observation as rabies-free. Animal bite victims are given instructions on how to protect themselves and how to handle the situation properly.
- In a fast-paced shelter environment, provides high-quality sterilization surgery for population management of adopted animals. Triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick and injured animals, minor surgery, immunizations, and testing are all part of routine veterinary care.
- Overseeing the care and use of research and teaching animals, as well as a veterinarian care and preventive medicine program.
- Creates and follows medical treatment procedures that are specific to each patient. Ability to interpret local animal control ordinances, legislation, rules & regulations, and city policies. Capacity to respond to public enquiries from citizens and city leaders; Assist in resolving issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to get animal data from employees, input dispositions into a computer, and prepare monthly and weekly reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Possess (or obtain) a Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license and a restricted substances registration.
- It is necessary to have communication abilities.
- Must be able to operate in a team environment while still completing duties independently.
- A doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM), a veterinary medical doctor (VMD), or an equivalent degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary institution is required.
- Medical record-keeping systems such as MedARKs, ZIMS, and others.