9 Feb 2023
Full-Time Machine Operator – Al Mahbūlah
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools, using knowledge of tool and die design and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout, machining, and assembly procedures.
Job Title : Machine Operator
Location : Al Mahbūlah, Al Aḩmadī, Kuwait
Salary : $ 23.89 per hour.
Company : Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Job Type : Full-Time
- Problems with tools, materials, software, equipment, or parts specs should be investigated and remedied. Recognize and propose improvements to machine performance by altering component specifications.
- Examine sample components, blueprints, drawings, and engineering data to identify the techniques and sequences of activities required to produce items, as well as product dimensions and tolerances.
- Using precision measurement, inspect finished units for faults and to confirm compliance to specifications.
- Set up and run manual equipment such lathes, mills, drill presses, and grinders.
- The machinist configures and runs manual and CNC machine machines using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precise measuring equipment.
- To make sure that the equipment is working properly and safely, take it apart and put in maintenance, repaired, or replacement parts.
- Follow safety procedures such as Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (PPE)
- Collaborate with programming engineering to assure the manufacturing of high-quality components.
- Understanding and implementing verbal and written instructions and requirements is essential to planning and organizing work.
- To manufacture a defined quantity of component components, undertake sophisticated progressive turning, drilling, milling, and tapping operations.
- Manual, semi-automated, and automated tool and machine use and/or programming (lathes, grinders etc.)
- a minimum of two years of experience in a comparable sector or a minimum of a two-year associate’s degree in mechanical or automotive engineering
- A machinist must be able to work in temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer to do this job.
- Previous experience as an Industrial Machinist with fundamental knowledge and understanding of machine technology, building, and operation of heavy industrial equipment and power/control devices, as well as familiarity with metal working qualities.
- Ability to perform precise measurements using precision instruments (e.g., calipers, micrometers, drop gages, and gage blocks).