7 Feb 2023
Full-Time Mortgage Underwriting Manager – Guindulman
By reviewing, evaluating, and deciding on mortgage loans, the Mortgage Underwriter is glad to assist with mortgage loan underwriting. We understand that as you develop, so do we! We will have a huge impact together if we support you with education, leadership, and promotion chances.
Job Title : Mortgage Underwriting Manager
Location : Guindulman, Bohol Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 28.12 per hour.
Company : Thor Capital Group
Job Type : Full-Time
- Stay on top of all the industry standards and regulations, such as how to spot and fight mortgage fraud.
- Analyze credit, income, and assets on a loan-by-loan basis to determine individual risk, and notify Mortgage Originators of underwriting decisions as quickly as feasible.
- Manages the mortgage loan application pipeline. Completes a full risk analysis of mortgage loan applications, which includes legal document evaluation, income analysis (including self-employment and tax return analysis), and asset analysis, among other things. Determine if the application fulfils the standards for the credit union portfolio or the secondary market using this analysis, and then approve or deny the application depending on the findings. Alternative approval criteria are suggested if they are appropriate.
- Provide outstanding internal and external customer service that is tailored to each client’s individual needs and encourages bank loyalty.
- Responsible for maintaining up to speed on all state, local, and federal requirements, including but not limited to the Ability to Repay (ATR), Qualified Mortgage (QM), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending (TILA), and any other relevant mortgage lending rules.
- Demonstrate the ability to make independent conclusions about applicants’ creditworthiness based on established underwriting rules, Bank policies, processes, expertise, and experience.
- Communicate with appraisers about problems, corrections, and supplementary information.
- In charge of staying up to date on all secondary market requirements, with a special emphasis on the investors who have already formed relationships with the credit union, such as the FNMA, FHLMC, and FHLB. It is your responsibility to communicate changes to these regulations in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Loan paperwork is examined to ensure that the buyer, the property, and loan conditions are in compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Determine the level of risk involved in the whole loan application and effectively underwrite the loan utilizing lending rules and procedures to ensure that the loan is approved.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities are all required.
- Mortgage underwriting experience of 1-3 years is preferred, or a combination of education and experience that is comparable.
- Knowledge of CUDL 360 and Symitar, as well as Microsoft Excel and Word Processing.
- Underwriting standards for conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, VHDA, and NC must be well-understood.
- The ability to effectively communicate, analyze, audit, research, and make decisions are all critical. Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.