7 Feb 2023
Full-Time Opening for Medical Administrative Assistant – Kozhikode
As the primary point of contact for patients throughout their office visit, the Medical Office Assistant is responsible for their well-being, security, and confidentiality. Maintenance of patient care and staff work areas; assistance with office functions as directed by department supervisor; communication with patients, doctors, and other office staff during patient visits; assisting doctors with suturing, delivering medical equipment, giving injections, taking x-rays, scheduling appointments, and keeping track of patients’ records; and more.
Job Title : Opening for Medical Administrative Assistant
Location : Kozhikode, Kerala, India
Salary : $ 28.53 per hour.
Company : Northwell Health
Job Type : Full-Time
- Tasks including filing, faxing, photocopying, collating, and project assembly will be expected of you.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies by reordering, stocking, cleaning, and diagnosing problems.
- Activities such as filing, greeting, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration are completed.
- Collecting copayments, deductibles, and account balances follows the posting of charges and the completion of necessary paperwork.
- According to the level of urgency, calls are routed to the appropriate department.
- Provide them with a warm greeting, take down their contact information for future appointments, and compile any paperwork that needs to be completed.
- Research coding/billing communications submitted to clinic by medical dimensions and responds to all communications in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance with “end of the day balancing/closing” and making deposits ready for courier pickup.
- By typing memorandums, letters, position summaries, flow charts, graphs, deviation reports, and policies and procedures, you can ensure that information reaches directors, managers, and committee members on time.
- Plans follow-up visits for patients referred by physicians.
- Medical office assistants with at least three years’ worth of experience are recommended.
- Preference is given to applicants with a high school diploma and one year of medical assistant training.
- Must be able to function in a demanding workplace and react appropriately.
- This position requires the use of a personal computer, printer, and fax machine.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.