2 Feb 2023
Full-Time Overhead Crane Operator – Mathura
The Crane Operator is in charge of rigging safety and the application of straps and other rigging to loads being transported by cranes or other material handling equipment. Crane operators are directed by this person. Move materials and goods around the factory using an overhead crane.
Job Title : Overhead Crane Operator
Location : Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, India
Salary : $ 26.29 per hour.
Company : Valmont
Job Type : Full-Time
- Examines the crane for damaged parts and informs the supervisor of any issues. Maintains a clean and functional crane and lifting mechanism.
- Climb a 25-foot vertical ladder to examine the crane and cab, fill out inspection papers, operate the crane (4 hand levers, 1 foot brake), and fill steel orders.
- Reading and understanding instruction manuals, plans, drawings, and specifications, as well as using math’s to compute load weights, wire, sheaves, and fitting sizes, are all required skills in this field.
- Through radio or visual signals and other communication, work with riggers and truck drivers to hoist items and other cargo.
- Attach rigging to the load, check the travel route, blow a whistle, alert the crane operator, lead the load to the destination, place the load, unhook rigging, and return to the storage rack.
- You can monitor operations and make changes to the process from the control panel. In order to ensure the safety of all employees, routine preventive maintenance is carried out.
- For this job, you’ll need a rigger operation manual, chains, nylon slings, pallet lifters, magnets, vacuum lifters, posi-turner, spreader bar, softeners, tape measure, hammer, punches, pliers, crescent wrench, and paint stick marker.
- Understand and adhere to business, customer, and health/safety policies, as well as any other applicable requirements, such as weight and size restrictions. The applicant must be aware of these issues.
- The person is able to operate in all weather conditions and notify any difficulties that arise. Executes additional duties as directed by superiors.
- Rigger duties are performed after the responsibilities of the Crane Operator have been finished, and when the workload for the main job described above permits it.
- It is necessary to have prior experience operating a cab and bridge crane (or something similar) from heights of 30 feet or more and spans of 60 feet or more.
- NCCCO or CIC certification is required. Medical card issued by the Department of Transportation. Safety Department, Equipment Manager, or Operations Manager certification or approval. As required by municipal law (DC requires operators to be licensed). The practical test must be passed.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment physical examination and an annual physical examination afterward to ensure the continual, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to execute the obligations of the position.
- Ability to ensure that all safety and housekeeping regulations are followed, that machine capacity is not exceeded, and that all tools, supplies, and equipment are properly accounted for and secured at the conclusion of each workday.
- It is necessary to have a basic understanding of equipment maintenance.