Full-Time Physical Therapist Assistant – Vereeniging
In compliance with Physical Therapy Standards of Practice, the Physical Therapist offers and coordinates comprehensive physical therapy care to patients by properly utilising evaluation, planning, education, and implementation of a treatment plan. Documentation, scheduling, family training, attendance at rounds, engagement with the Interdisciplinary Team, involvement in staff meetings, ordering supplies, and contributing to ongoing quality control and performance improvement are all examples of indirect patient care activities. In addition, incumbents are responsible for effectively responding to legal, patient rights, safety, maintenance, and emergency situations, as well as participating in continuing education, staff development, self-directed learning, and overseeing and providing performance feedback to staff, aides, students, and volunteers as needed.
Job Title : Physical Therapist Assistant
Location : Vereeniging, Vereeniging, South Africa
Salary : $ 42.49 per hour.
Company : RN Staff
Job Type : Full-Time
- Understands different payer payments and distributes therapy resources efficiently based on resident goals and outcomes as they relate to discharge destination.
- Provide patients with information and training to help them lessen their reliance on drugs and to consider alternatives to surgery.
- Implement a Care Plan, hold patients responsible for adhering to it, and alter the timetable and plan as needed based on the patient’s progress.
- As appropriate, provide guidance and interact with the client’s family and/or other caregivers in order to assist the client in achieving mutually agreed-upon goals and a discharge plan.
- When it comes to mobility and health, restore, maintain, and promote not just optimal physical function but also perfect wellness, fitness, and quality of life.
- Initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations must be completed in accordance with APTA standards and state laws.
- Prevent impairments, functional restrictions, and disabilities from developing, causing symptoms, and progressing as a result of diseases, disorders, ailments, or injuries.
- Instructs, stimulates, and aids the patient in performing a variety of physical tasks, including non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and the use of assistive and supportive equipment such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- To get further patient information, recommend treatment program revisions, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of the patient’s health care, the physical therapist consults with a physician and other health care providers.
- Tests and assesses a patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacities, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, as well as keeping track of the results in order to design or modify treatment plans.
- The ideal applicant will have a strong sense of leadership and a strong drive to learn and improve his abilities.
- Empathy, compassion, and the capacity to encourage patients to push their boundaries in a responsible, safe, and successful manner.
- Experience working in a skilled nursing facility, hospital, or inpatient/outpatient setting for at least one year is required.
- Knowledge and experience in the fields of rehabilitation, Orthopedics, and medical/surgical settings that demonstrate achievement of the required job knowledge, skills, and abilities are excellent.
- It is necessary to have a physical therapy degree from an APTA-accredited program.