26 Jan 2023
Full-Time Portfolio & Risk Analytics – Consultant – Cape Town
As a member of the Investment Risk team, the Risk Analyst reports to the Head of Fixed Income Risk Management. Investment Risk is accountable for risk policy development and risk supervision across investment portfolios. This position will oversee compliance with existing risk policies and will help in identifying, quantifying, monitoring, and mitigating risks affecting the Fixed Income business’s portfolios.
Job Title : Portfolio & Risk Analytics – Consultant
Location : Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Salary : $ 39.83 per hour.
Company : Pelham Berkeley Search
Job Type : Full-Time
- Formulate strategies that can be used across a variety of portfolios, in addition to specific methods of risk analysis and reduction.
- Make use of any and all available sources of background material to build an evaluation, such as Factiva, Lexis Nexis, or any other open source information.
- Compiling underwriting information and placing coverage, as well as loss forecasting and analysis, in order to promote the optimum protection of an organization’s assets and aid in loss reduction.
- Perform in-depth research in response to customer demands; perform extensive analyses of potential digital asset customers; and more.
- ability to make a significant contribution to the creation of new products and investment solutions for customers via collaborative efforts with the Investment and Business Development teams
- The analyst may be involved in projects that need the procurement of external data from the mortgage industry, as well as assisting other team members in their work.
- expert in a team supporting the first line of defense’s activities, participates in projects, process re-engineering, and system development efforts that are owned directly by Corporate Risk Management or that are otherwise owned by the department.
- Keeping track of a customer list is an essential part of ensuring compliance with regulations. Consequently, risk tolerance is recalculated to account for any changes.
- Knowledge of fixed income investments, investment processes, trading strategies and market features as well as regulations is essential.
- Execute ad hoc risk evaluations of new wire counter-parties, as well as negative news searches and background checks on possible new or existing clients.
- The ability to communicate complicated topics to non-technical or quantitative audiences in an effective and competent manner is a strong attribute of the communicator under consideration.
- Measurable features of meticulousness include good time management, well-organized processes, and critical thinking.
- Having good problem-solving and data management skills, as well as the ability to read through a lot of data, manipulate it, and look for correlations through a variety of statistical methods, is important.
- Innovative in their thinking, constantly seeking for new and better ways to address old issues, intellectually curious.
- An accounting/auditing background is preferred, as is 1-3 years of experience in internal controls, consulting, advising, professional services, or the advertising business.. Financial analytical capabilities and high critical thinking abilities.