27 Jan 2023
Full-Time Project Geologist (Karst/Piedmont) – Banhā
Geologist needed! You’ll be working on projects from day one, alongside seasoned engineers and scientists, to assist clients with water and environmental issues. This person will help with environmental/engineering responsibilities for site assessment and cleanup. Self-starter with good writing abilities needed to assist scientific and engineering projects on-site. Excellent verbal communication skills, leadership ability, a good attitude, and the ability to work alone and in teams are also required.
Job Title : Project Geologist (Karst/Piedmont)
Location : Banhā, Al-Qalyūbiyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 29.3 per hour.
Company : McMillen Jacobs Associates
Job Type : Full-Time
- If there are any problems, delays, cost or time overruns, customer-requested changes to the scope, liability exposure or anything else vital to the project’s success or security, please notify the project management.
- Preparation of remedial investigations, remedial system design, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, groundwater monitoring plans and reports, cost estimation, and technical writing are some of the responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software, as well as ArcGIS and CAD. A working knowledge of remedial systems and general building and mechanical experience are both pluses.
- Take environmental samples for projects related to waste facilities and help make water quality monitoring plans and look over the results of environmental samples.
- Positioning drilling equipment, conveying management goals to drill crews, and keeping contact with drillers to keep management up-to-date on mechanical concerns, hole quality, and surveys are all responsibilities that drillers have to carry out their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Examine geological and risk assessment papers for Solid Waste & Waste Cleanup submittals with District or Division authorities. Analyze site repair plans and paperwork handed to you by supervisors or managers.
- Therefore, daily reports must be generated and updated for management. Inventory management and sample transport are logistical duties of a corporation.
- Produce requests for more information, if needed, and permits/documents that are technically accurate, clear, intelligible, and compatible with specified rules, instructions, and processes.
- Drilling and well installation monitoring, as well as the recording of soil boreholes, are among the most common tasks. Samples of soil and groundwater will be taken for testing.
- Task and project management, client contact, proposal writing, cost estimation, remedial system design, monitoring implementation/construction, technical report writing, and coaching.
- To be eligible for this job, you must have either one year of specialized experience in the federal government or education that is equal to the GS-07. To meet this requirement, you must have worked in the field collecting, analyzing, and reporting on soil and rock sample data, as well as providing standard data to higher-level specialists, conducting studies or investigations, and/or helping to manage mineral locateable and saleable activities.
- At solid waste factories and closed landfills, competent to conduct field and site surveys for groundwater monitoring well installation.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s or higher degree in geology and at least 20 semester hours in any combination of mathematics and physics and chemistry and biological science and structural engineering and mining and petroleum engineering as well as computer science in order to meet the requirements of this certificate.
- compile and show geological data using Microsoft applications; document thoroughly. Multitasking and project management.
- In a mine or industrial plant, workers may be exposed to severe temperatures, humidity, electrical shock, and toxic chemicals and explosives.