Full-Time Proofreader/Copy Editor – Alexandria
The Proofreader, who reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Public Relations, plays a critical role in the delivery of performance-driven content across a wide range of channels, including but not limited to email, social media, advertising campaigns, collateral, blogs, magazines, executive presentations, faculty-contributed content, case studies, landing pages, press releases, internal communications, and more. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of both fundamental and advanced grammar rules, as well as an understanding of how they are applied in our house styles. They are thorough in their proofreading, catching typos and other problems in grammar, spelling, and usage and can verify the veracity of claims. They need to coordinate well with the writers and the rest of the employees to ensure that all documents adhere to company policy. When faced with editorial difficulties, they will go outside the box and come up with novel solutions. They need to show up to work with a good mood and be a true team player during the editing process. They’ll be reliable, hardworking, and trustworthy people with initiative and sound judgment.
Job Title : Proofreader/Copy Editor
Location : Alexandria, Al-Iskandariyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 24.71 per hour.
Company : HelloFresh
Job Type : Full-Time
- Edit the paper or digital original to correct spelling, punctuation, and word use. Work with the department manager to create writing guidelines if they are needed.
- To find and mark any grammatical, typographical, or compositional flaws, read the original copy or drafts.
- Proofreading experience of at least five years, ideally in a legal setting.
- Efficiently perform proofreading/copyediting services by making use of technology such as electronic work logs, instant messaging, track changes for feedback, and ChangePro for electronic review.
- Talk to the staff, the attorneys, and the management about the tasks at hand and any changes that need to be made to the documentation.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills, as well as the capacity to manage numerous activities at once and pay close attention to detail.
- Look over documents to make sure they are error-free grammatically and visually. Use a proofreading code to indicate mistakes in the manuscript.
- Documents with correction marks should be returned to the author and afterwards checked against a copy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required, and familiarity with the internet is a plus.
- Keep a record of all materials that have been proofread or copyedited.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to adapt quickly and constructively to changing possibilities and demands.
- The ability to keep the company’s business and personnel information secret is a must.
- Engage in productive conversations at all levels of the organization, from upper management to support personnel to the company’s top brass, while maintaining a professional demeanor throughout.
- Being able to understand the intricacies in the context of a much wider picture and being a proactive self-starter
- Efforts must be made to foster teamwork. To the relevant people, communicate information, objectives, chances, accomplishments, and failures.