10 Feb 2023
Full-Time Rankings Reporter – Cairo
We’re on the lookout for reporters who can cover the many ways in which technology and business connect with other sectors, such as government, the environment, the entertainment industry, the food and beverage sector, and academia. The ability to compose profiles and features quickly is essential, and we’re on the lookout for such individuals. Want to offer a story idea? Please share your thoughts and explain how you would report on the story, who you would talk to, and what you hope to learn.
Job Title : Rankings Reporter
Location : Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
Salary : $ 18.29 per hour.
Company : Portfolio Media Inc
Job Type : Full-Time
- Pitch stories and work on stories as allocated are also responsibilities of this role. To the managing editor will you report.
- Meet the daily filing deadlines, which occasionally call for weekend and evening labor.
- Find tales where the arts, culture, and underrepresented populations converge.
- Use social media and source networks actively for reporting and distribution.
- Find and create fascinating art tales for many channels, such as podcasts, web, video, and broadcast audio.
- Engage in regular dialogue with the local art communities and organize gatherings for discussion.
- Keeping an eye on public disclosure forms, doing research on them, and filing records requests are all new duties that arise from using federal and state online reporting systems.
- You may also be requested to take still images, capture video, or shoot and produce on-camera video segments on your reporting as needed.
- Collaborate closely with editors and content creators to develop a strategy and plan that articulates your vision for covering the arts and how you intend to go about doing it.
- The reporter will also be responsible for covering and finding stories related to the influence of money in politics, such as the monitoring of donations, PACs, lobbying, conflicts of interest, and more.
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively, as well as to show oneself in a professional manner when representing the station.
- basic familiarity with audio production techniques and equipment
- English language proficiency and the capacity to convey specialized concepts to a broad audience
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are all useful tools, so mastering them is a plus. Prior knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of professional journalism experience with significant experience covering the arts; or equivalent combination of education/experience.