9 Feb 2023
Full-Time Research Analyst – Panay
This position requires someone who has good quantitative modelling abilities and can apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methodologies. To transform data-driven results into meaningful ideas, the applicant should have great communication abilities. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter who is comfortable with uncertainty, has excellent attention to detail, and can operate in a fast-paced, constantly changing workplace.
Job Title : Research Analyst
Location : Panay, Capiz Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 43.81 per hour.
Company : Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Job Type : Full-Time
- On behalf of clients in the public and private sectors, participate in economic policy research activities (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- Carry out surveys to collect economic data, compare previously given data to current conditions and establish the linkages between key economic elements for well-defined projects, among other things.
- Data must be analyzed using mathematical models and statistical methods.
- Under the direction of a senior economist who has a lot of experience, economic research, and evaluation, interpretation, and benefit estimates are all done.
- Collaborate with other economists and high-level executives to communicate and deliver economic concepts and quantitative data to non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing.
- It’s vital to collect and analyze current data, as well as conduct research to find new data sources for analysis.
- Ensure that the department’s toolbox and products continue to evolve in order to satisfy business demands, including the introduction of new and innovative solutions.
- In order to analyze and forecast market activity, it’s vital to look into historical trends.
- Construct the study around issues raised by research sponsors, management, or senior workers.
- Determines and makes recommendations on timetables and methods for supplying economic and financial data in order to meet specified reporting standards, processes, and procedures; assists in the formulation of budget and economic objectives that are consistent with strategic planning initiatives; and performs other duties as assigned.
- There is a need for the most recent economic research on entrepreneurship, small company, employment, and labor market dynamics.
- Applicants must have completed at least 21 semester hours of economics and three semester hours of statistics, accounting, or calculus.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, willing to learn, and capable of taking on leadership duties in order to be considered for this role.
- Strong written and spoken communication abilities, as well as the ability to customize messages to a variety of audiences, including corporate, media/press, academic, technical, and political audiences.
- Teaching assignments that included both classroom instruction in economics subjects and one of the following: (1) personal research with evidence of results, (2) supervision of graduate theses in economics, or (3) service as a consultant or advisor to a college or university on technical economics problems.