4 Feb 2023
Full-Time Restaurant Line Cook – Keffi
A cook is a trained chef who has worked in a professional kitchen and can prepare a variety of dishes. This job serves as the lead cook for each site while the on-duty Chef or Sous Chefs are gone, and it may also undertake basic supervisory duties. A cook is in charge of preparing outstanding cuisine for guest restaurants, staff dining rooms, and catered special occasions. This is an incredible chance for any culinary professional aspiring to be a Sous or Executive Chef.
Job Title : Restaurant Line Cook
Location : Keffi, Nasarawa, Nigeria
Salary : $ 13.75 per hour.
Company : Texas Roadhouse
Job Type : Full-Time
- To fulfil company demands, meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods.
- In the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chef, is responsible for ensuring that the kitchen is safe and efficient.
- Assist with cleaning equipment and dishwashing machines as needed to ensure the cleanliness of all kitchen spaces, tools, and utensils.
- Maintains order and cleanliness in all kitchen spaces, including storage shelves, passageways, workstations, walk-ins, refrigerators, and coolers.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds, pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds, and carrying up to 30 pounds is necessary, as well as regular standing and walking.
- A cook is responsible for setting up, food preparation, organization, sanitation, and food and beverage item manufacturing, as well as closing and storing each work station.
- Prepare high-quality hot and cold dishes using the Executive Chef’s recipes.
- Tastes products, analyses menus, estimates food requirements, verifies output, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and buy supplies and equipment.
- The Cook must be well-organized, properly attired, and professional. He or she must also be a team player who collaborates well.
- Prepare short- and long-term cash management plans as well as monthly and yearly cash flow estimates.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, with a culinary degree desirable.
- Experience as a Cook in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen for at least one year is required.
- Must follow all health department and food safety rules stipulated by the state and the executive chef, including HACCP and ServSafe concepts.
- Possess the ability to focus and collaborate with a variety of supervisors.
- If you are 18 years of age or older, you must be able to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, past employment, education, and personal references, as per Company policy, unless federal, state, or provincial legislation prohibits it.