9 Feb 2023
Full-Time Rigger I – Lunglei
The Rigger is in charge of inspecting, maintaining, and ensuring the quality of all lifting equipment used to transport commodities by crane to or from maritime vessels. Ascertain that the job being done and the equipment being utilized satisfy the Company’s safe working requirements.
Job Title : Rigger I
Location : Lunglei, Mizoram, India
Salary : $ 18.48 per hour.
Company : Protek
Job Type : Full-Time
- All sorts of rigging equipment, such as planks, fiber ropes, wire ropes, chains, swing scaffolds, etc., are examined, tested, and maintained.
- Head blocks, mule blocks, sheaves, winches, and counterweighted, winched, and dead hanging system components are drilled, fastened, and tested for functionality.
- While most of the job requires individual initiative and judgment, when it comes to rigging installation, working as part of a team is essential.
- This position requires continuous punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in compliance with business requirements.
- Lifting and lowering objects, machinery, and equipment to and from work platforms, vehicles, streets, and other levels of buildings or vessels must be done in a safe manner.
- Large lifting equipment must be set up and secured with the use of pulley, rope, and a hoist by a rigger. Performs physical labor as part of one’s job duties.
- Attaches weights to rigging using hand and power tools in order to support or prepare them for movement.
- The installation of hardware to existing buildings, the installation of hanging pipes, beams or trackers and hardware to concrete, steel, wood and block walls are only some of the specific tasks included in this project.
- When working at a height of twelve to sixty feet above the ground, riggers are typically required to use safety equipment and to climb in order to do their tasks.
- Signals or verbally directs individuals engaged in hoisting and moving loads in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
- Candidates must pass a drug test before they may be hired. Riggers are subject to random drug and alcohol testing while employed.
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may sometimes push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- For DOT appointments, a valid motor vehicle driver’s license must be maintained for the length of employment.
- At least five years of full-time Rigger experience in the preceding 10 years, fulfilling the tasks and obligations listed in Duties and Responsibilities.
- To perform the duties of this occupation effectively, the individual is often required to stand or sit for extended periods of time.