7 Feb 2023
Full-Time Senior Commercial Banker – Cape Town
A banker works at the bank’s front desk, assisting customers with deposits, withdrawals, and other banking operations. Bankers are responsible for delivering excellent customer service and assisting or sending customers to the right team member as needed. At every opportunity, all customer-facing staff should strive to improve customer relationships.
Job Title : Senior Commercial Banker
Location : Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Salary : $ 19.21 per hour.
Company : Federal Reserve System
Job Type : Full-Time
- Check the endorsement, obtain proper identification, and verify that the check is valid.
- Your customers may bring you any and all traditional banking transactions in person, through a drive-up or night deposit, via the mail, or over the internet.
- Maintaining a professional look and a well-organized desk in order to meet with clients on a regular basis.
- By selling consumer banking products and services directly, you can help the Bank’s overall sales efforts.
- As needed, perform a number of jobs at the branch or department, such as bank deposits/cash recovery, opening/closing the office and vault, report writing, and any other job responsibilities that assist the department run smoothly.
- As needed, buy and sell money from the vault to keep teller drawer cash limitations under control.
- Maintain a watchful eye on branch operations to verify that all rules and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring the security of the bank’s assets, including properly identifying clients, protecting the confidentiality of customer information, balancing accounts at the conclusion of each workday, and preparing appropriate reports summarizing daily operations
- Assisting customers in finding the greatest options for improving their personal finances, or pointing them toward those who can.
- You may learn more about the customer’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to their responses.
- Recognize the departments and tasks that are directly related to retail (deposit operations, client care, records management, etc.)
- The candidate will get knowledge on how to use a teller machine as well as a calculator, keyboard, encoder, image capture/scanner, Oscar (ATM cards), SEI Trust System, Streamline, and Vertex equipment and software.
- In this position, the most important features of the job are customer service, accuracy, speed, precision and flexibility, as well as a pleasant, professional attitude and capacity to do many jobs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a cheerful attitude, and a willingness to serve others are required.
- A college graduation is required, as well as 12 to 18 months of client engagement and sales experience, preferably in banking.