Full-Time Senior Computer Systems Analyst – Nasarawa
Advanced on-site technical assistance and support will be provided to workers by the Computer Analyst (CA). End-user assistance and maintenance are handled by the Computer Analyst. Computer diagnosis and repair, as well as software installation, are all included in this. Advanced troubleshooting and user training are responsibilities of the Computer Analyst. Both departments will benefit from the Computer Analyst’s expertise and close collaboration with the rest of the team. Collaborative care model and divisional goals such as quality, access, inclusiveness, mattering, and belonging are critical to the Computer Analyst’s role.
Job Title : Senior Computer Systems Analyst
Location : Nasarawa, Nasarawa, Nigeria
Salary : $ 33.35 per hour.
Company : Pratt Institute
Job Type : Full-Time
- Resolve problems for computer users by using computerized solutions. This includes serving as the first point of contact for any apps operating on the computer end-machine user’s and elevating when appropriate.
- adhere to current development and change control standards and close the gap between business needs and technological solutions.
- Education transformation, cutting-edge research, and excellent patient care are the beginning and conclusion of our dedication to bettering the lives of all people.
- A system administrator is in charge of overseeing the upkeep and upgrade of computer systems including laptops and servers.
- Make sure you include automated testing in all application and system tests. Set up a testing plan.
- Supervisors and unit personnel meet once a week to review the progress of current projects, answer help-desk requests, and do other tasks as assigned.
- Use automation to ensure release and project goals are met by running regression and functional tests.
- Involved with a broad variety of computer-related responsibilities, including installing, running and configuring computer equipment as well as diagnosing and repairing network connections.
- filing warranty support requests, contacting vendor support as needed, and keeping track of information technology devices and software can help manage IT hardware/software/licensing.
- being in charge of a tiny component of a larger project. For example, designing an MVP and putting together a sprint schedule.
- Keeps others up to date on events; demonstrates good listening and comprehension skills; carefully considers and employs the most effective methods of communication.
- When subtlety, thoughtfulness, optimism, and a nice manner are shown, it is possible to establish and sustain effective working relationships. Contributes to the resolution of problems by working as part of a team.
- Schedules vacation time in advance; Arrives on time to work; Maintains criteria for absences; Assures that work obligations are fulfilled while away; Punctuality in attendance at meetings and appointments
- Having the skill to set up and maintain electronic equipment such as printers, scanners, and computers is a need.
- Starting problem-solving efforts by identifying possible difficulties as soon as they arise, gathering and evaluating data, coming up with innovative solutions, and taking action before they become larger problems.