27 Jan 2023
Full-Time Senior Landscape Architect – Ikot Ekpene
There is an opening in our Site/Civil department for a Landscape Architect to work on a range of projects for commercial and government customers. We are looking for an eager and bright person to join a team of great experts, and to utilise the newest technology to assist our customers solve their most demanding challenges. Site/civil design for residential, commercial, and industrial site development, as well as capital improvement projects, are typical.
Job Title : Senior Landscape Architect
Location : Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria
Salary : $ 52.42 per hour.
Company : The Lakota Group
Job Type : Full-Time
- Your duties as a manager include managing consultants, establishing performance standards, budgets, and evaluating their work.
- Engineers, architects, and agency workers collaborate to develop a design that is compatible with regulatory requirements, provides value to the client’s project, is sustainable, and is resistant to the elements of time and weather.
- Field investigations to gather information for design and/or facilities-related work, facility/site evaluation and inspection, ADA compliance assessments, and narrative scoping programs for construction projects with program requirements and budget/cost estimates.
- As part of a park effort, this person arranges and organizes community engagement sessions, public meetings, and/or internal meetings with other stakeholders.
- On-site grading, landscape retention or removal, and preservation zones are all criteria for hillside overlay sites.
- Prior to providing a Certificate of Occupancy or releasing financial assurance money, inspect the site for compliance with the authorized final landscaping and irrigation plans, and record the findings.
- Conduct and record field investigations to analyze present conditions, examine existing reports and data, inventory existing landscaping and improvement projects, gather field measurements, and determine development constraints and opportunities.
- Designs County Park facilities in response to input from the general public as well as from governmental entities such as the Department of Environmental Protection and local governments.
- You’ll need to be able to use AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and LandFX to create construction papers with a creative aesthetic design solution. Capacity and initiative in the creation of new, visually appealing design concepts are essential.
- Collaboration between planning staff and other divisions to ensure that the final landscape and irrigation plan assessments correspond to the standards of the zoning code.
- Project management abilities and the capacity to self-manage schedules are required.
- Oversees the production of contract plans, specifications and estimates, bid packages and other contract documents as required for assigned construction projects.
- Accreditation from a recognized university in landscape architecture or a similar field. Experience at a government agency for at least one year is recommended, but not required. A four-year college degree may not be enough to get a job in the field.
- The ability to comprehend and use landscape architecture principles and procedures, as well as the right application of plants, soils, construction materials, and other similar aspects, in the design and implementation of landscape projects.
- Using current technology, design ideas, and certain engineering principles to create landscape architecture.