Full-Time Sous Chef / Kitchen Manager – Al-Jīzah
When it comes to running a restaurant’s kitchen, making sure it stays on track in terms of efficiency and profitability is the job of the Kitchen Manager. Every day, they’ll work to keep their staff motivated while still keeping an eye on food and labor expenditures. They actively plan, manage, and teach their colleagues so that they may meet specified targets in sales and costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitary conditions. Success in this position is based on the following key areas: working to achieve the highest level of team performance with respect to guest service and experience, increased sales and profitability, effective cost controls, and hiring, development, training, and retention of all coworkers in accordance with all company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Job Title : Sous Chef / Kitchen Manager
Location : Al-Jīzah, Al-Jīzah, Egypt
Salary : $ 15.49 per hour.
Company : Veggie Grill
Job Type : Full-Time
- Lead and oversee the formulation, training, implementation, and measurement of performance standards in the culinary operations.
- In charge of notifying coworkers about side projects and making sure checklists and side chores are completed before coworker’s clock off. Verifies that all food is handled in a safe and sanitary manner by inspecting the facilities where it is prepared and served.
- To joyfully represent the brand and company values, consistently show respect, decency, and compassion to both internal and external visitors.
- Ensure that all employees are properly taught at all kitchen stations, as well as weekly/monthly inventory chores, a year-round and specialized food menu, the KDS system, and rules and procedures for food preparation, cleaning, and side job obligations.
- Ensures that all staff are able to communicate menu items to visitors in a clear, accurate, and enthusiastic manner.
- Identifies, stocks, and dates prepared goods correctly and actively participates in the quality control of all food items. Maintains knowledge of all products/inventory in freezers and coolers, and aids in ensuring that all products/inventory are cycled appropriately to ensure freshness.
- Adapt employee schedules to match a fast-paced brewery or restaurant’s changing needs. Schedule labor in accordance with expected company activity while ensuring that all roles are adequately occupied and labor cost targets are satisfied. Schedule and approve or deny requests for shift swaps and other alterations.
- The Kitchen Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the kitchen is regularly cleaned, that food waste is correctly disposed of, and that the kitchen complies with all hygienic regulations.
- Provide assistance and reporting to the General Manager and administrative counterparts in the execution and monitoring of kitchen fiscal budgets in order to achieve both short- and long-term profitability for the kitchen.
- Ensure the location’s profitability by adhering to defined labor, COGS, and controllable cost limitations and criteria.
- At least two years of relevant work experience are required for applicants to be considered. Candidates with a degree or certification from an accredited culinary school are given preference in the hiring process.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a chef de cuisine at a hotel is essential. The ability to plan and staff a project is required.
- Having the capacity to manage a team, as well as the aptitude to handle stressful conditions. Having the ability to handle various activities, tight deadlines, and changing situations in a fast-paced setting The capacity to think quickly and adjust is essential.
- Microsoft (Excel, Word) and Google (Documents/Forms) proficiency is a must. Ability to use a spreadsheet to keep track of inventories and to conduct basic data entry tasks while paying close attention to details. The ability to do basic financial calculations is required.
- Capacity for professional, courteous, and productive interaction with colleagues and the broader public. Must have strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a team.