9 Feb 2023
Full-Time Staff Research Economist – Asyūṭ
The candidate with good quantitative modelling abilities and the ability to use statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methodologies is required for this post. To transform data-driven results into practical insights, the applicant must have great communication skills and be able to engage directly with stakeholders. The ideal applicant is a self-starter who is at ease with ambiguity, has excellent attention to detail, and can operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing workplace.
Job Title : Staff Research Economist
Location : Asyūṭ, Asyūṭ, Egypt
Salary : $ 43.81 per hour.
Company : Horizon Media
Job Type : Full-Time
- Apply mathematical models and statistical approaches to data analysis.
- Determines and recommends schedules and methods for generating economic and financial data in order to fulfil particular reporting standards, processes, and procedures; assists in the development of budget and economic goals and objectives that are aligned with strategic planning activities.
- On behalf of governmental and commercial sector clients, contribute to analytical research initiatives on a variety of economic policy issues (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- In order to analyze and forecast market activity, it is vital to examine prior patterns.
- Assist with the evolution of the department’s toolset and products in order to fulfil business demands, including the introduction of new and innovative solutions.
- In response to requests from research sponsors, management, or senior workers, plan, organize, and report on research efforts.
- The senior economist directs the economic research, assessment, interpretation, benefit estimation, and reporting.
- Collaborate with other economists and senior executives to explain and present economic ideas and quantitative data to non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Collect and analyze current data, and conduct research to uncover new data sources for analytic purposes.
- Surveys may be used to obtain economic data, compare prior data to current conditions, and discover essential economic features for well-defined initiatives.
- Teaching assignments that included both classroom instruction in economics subjects and one of the following: (1) personal research with evidence of results, (2) supervision of graduate theses in economics, or (3) service as a consultant or advisor in a college or university on technical economics problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to adapt communications for business, media/press, academic, technical, and political audiences.
- The applicant should have a strong sense of leadership and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- A minimum of 21 semester hours in economics and three semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus were required.
- There is a need for the most recent economic research on entrepreneurship, small company, employment, and labor market dynamics.