4 Feb 2023
Part-Time TRANSLATOR – Mahe
All items must be effectively translated or adapted by the Translator. Translates website content, marketing materials, in-store communications, and corporate policies and procedures with the assistance of the translator. This profession necessitates a team player who is also meticulous in their work.
Job Title : TRANSLATOR
Location : Mahe, Puducherry, India
Salary : $ 26.8 per hour.
Company : SYPartners
Job Type : Part-Time
- Generally capable of capturing geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural nuances in writing. The word choice and expression are typically consistent with the target language (TL) norms and modes of expression relevant to the subject area (s) and are sufficiently robust to enable the translator to function progressively in that field.
- Parent meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school activities, including discussion of student academics, student disciplinary concerns, medical crises, and other sensitive subjects, are provided by interpreters.
- As part of a database-based system, all relevant information on the temporary employee pool is gathered and kept.
- Translate written items into any language, including flyer, social media postings, district-wide announcements/press releases, and other forms of papers.
- Conveys information pertaining to the school district such as forms, notices of medical emergencies, notices to parents of children with special health care needs and other sensitive documents.
- Execute clerical duties, such as answering phones, greeting visitors, addressing general inquiries, opening and sorting mail, creating purchase order requests, verifying invoices, and preparing stipends to be paid.
- As a safeguard against miss-translation, a translator studies and analyses terminology in both the source language and the target language.
- Verify that translations are thorough and correct, and that the original text, meaning, or sentiment and purpose have not been added or omitted.
- In this position, you’ll be responsible for checking the work of district translators. Schools and translation consultants alike may benefit from this instrument’s teachings.
- Master the utilization of reference resources. To be able to generate written translations and products, you must have computer abilities, including MS Office, as well as basic online research skills.
- Ability to communicate in defined language beyond conversational level, allowing constituents with poor English language skills to engage fully in the indicated process.
- When interpreting in schools and communities, you must have a valid driver’s license and be ready to utilize your own vehicle.
- Fluency in two languages at the native speaker level and knowledge of the cultural environment in which the languages are spoken are required.
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills when exchanging information with supervisors, employees, students, and others.
- Translation, Foreign Language, or equivalence necessary, as well as a proven ability to communicate effectively in both the written and spoken word.