26 Jan 2023
Full-Time Trimmer Trainee – Madurai
The forester is in charge of maintaining the forest, which involves evaluating suspected unhealthy trees, maintaining the tree inventory, and keeping documents connected to that inventory. The Forester directs first-line work, does manual and semi-skilled labor in the upkeep of public trees and right-of-way. Expertise in technical and professional matters is provided to dangerous trees on both public and private lands. Provides guidance to seasonal and part-time employees assigned to help the Forester in the division’s operations.
Job Title : Trimmer Trainee
Location : Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Salary : $ 22.81 per hour.
Company : Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Job Type : Full-Time
- Assumes responsibility for a variety of general forestry activities, including early- and mid-rotation work, contract administration, and any other responsibilities that may arise.
- Verifies, sets up, inventorying, road planning, and accessing rights of way are all part of the job. This person helps with the annual thin and harvest schedule by verifying, setting up, inventorying, road planning, and accessing rights of way.
- Monitor forestland held by your local government and assist in the creation of forest management plans that will help you manage the land in the future We collect and analyze data collected in the field as part of our work. Using this information, we can better understand the structure of the forest, which helps us better understand it. FLAT should be used in conjunction with forest service personnel and contractors. The condition of all previously purchased or newly purchased forestland parcels may be examined using this resource.
- Assists and participates in city tree and landscape inspections. To ensure that plant materials are of appropriate quality, quantity, and type; to ensure that the necessary processes for safeguarding existing and installing new plants are followed; and to ensure that provisions for maintenance and care of plant materials exist.
- Maintain the health and safety of the City’s tree stock, and educate other Streets Division staff on proper tree care techniques.
- Assisting with all aspects of silviculture, forest management, and harvest monitoring on business or private holdings.
- Keeping forestry-related websites up to date and creating new outreach materials that promote diverse forestry projects is critical.
- Grant or decline applications based on a variety of grounds; notify applicants in writing of their decision. Coordinate with municipal officials and engage in site clearance inspections to verify that plans presented are in accordance with local code and laws. Coordinate site inspections with lower-level inspectors to verify the accuracy of information in submitted blueprints.
- Responsible for silviculture plan execution in accordance with regional silviculture strategy and the annual plan, field-verification of silviculture treatment candidates and provision of setting-specific recon information to management, silviculture contract negotiation, silviculture operation supervision, timely status updates for system activity updates, contract performance monitoring including safety, SFI, EMP, production, cost, and quality, silviculture processing
- So that other disciplines’ code requirements are completed without interfering with the tree and landscape code, site plan review personnel (from stormwater, zoning and transportation) interact with one another throughout the review process.
- From planting to trimming to disease inspection and eradication, all aspects of tree care need a high level of expertise. Also necessary is an in-depth understanding of the various tree management approaches.
- It is necessary to be able to build and maintain good working connections with coworkers, departments, and members of the public.
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel and Word, as well as good verbal and written communication skills, are required for this position.
- Six (6) months of experience in landscaping, forestry, nursery operations, or similar activities as well as six (6) months of experience in tree and landscape inspections are required for graduation from an authorized institution.
- Inspect and diagnose pathological plant issues while working outdoors, teach staff to conduct tree and landscaping inspections, create and manage successful tree and landscaping inspection programs, and execute other responsibilities as assigned. Determine whether or not sick or damaged trees may be saved. Determine whether or not a landscape design should be approved or rejected by examining it. Rules and regulations must be enforced with a combination of firmness, tact and fairness.