3 Feb 2023
Full-Time Veterinary Technician – Halebid
We are looking for a seasoned veterinarian to join our team. The Veterinarian is in charge of providing and managing high-quality health and medical services to ensure that the entire animal collection is well-cared after. This includes, but is not limited to, diagnosing and treating illness and injuries, maintaining a preventive medical program, adhering to quarantine protocols, caring for animals recovering from illness or injury, performing post-mortem examinations, running a full-service clinic, and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies.
Job Title : Veterinary Technician
Location : Halebid, Karnataka, India
Salary : $ 41.38 per hour.
Company : Get A Vet Staffing
Job Type : Full-Time
- Performs high-quality sterilization surgery in a fast-paced shelter environment to limit the population of adopted animals. Routine veterinarian care includes things like triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick or injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- Performs physical exams, diagnostic tests, and surgical and dental operations successfully. Clients are informed about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment programmes, preventive health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Ability to gather animal records from employees, input dispositions into a computer, and produce monthly and weekly reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all pertinent logs are kept current in accordance with approved norms.
- Gathers extensive information about clients and listens to and understands their worries and requirements in order to develop relationships with them.
- All animals not already vaccinated against rabies are vaccinated when immunization is suitable, and all animals released from quarantine observation are confirmed as rabies-free. Provides information to animal bite victims, such as the steps they should take to ensure their safety.
- Ability to obtain and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as guarantee that supplies and equipment are used correctly in accordance with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ability to stay abreast of current trends and developments in the field of animal sheltering.
- Employees receive training in animal husbandry, humane animal handling, cleanliness and disease control, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical support (intake and discharge), and animal first aid. Assists in animal euthanasia via injection training, evaluation, and execution. Examines all seized animals and orders their euthanasia if any are sick or injured.
- Assists in the coordination of external consultations in animal research design and diagnostics.
- Creates and follows medical treatment protocols. Ability to interpret local animal control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies Capacity to respond to public enquiries from residents and city officials; Assist with the timely and successful resolution of concerns.
- DVM, VMD, or comparable degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary medicine college or equivalent
- To deal with ultra-potent opioids, you’ll need a federal DEA license and a controlled substance registration.
- Knowledge of medical and/or other medical record-keeping systems, such as MedARKs and ZIMS.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and complete assignments with little supervision.
- It is necessary to have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities.